Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) System
The DePuy Synthes Vet product portfolio includes a full line of Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) implants and instrumentation designed to treat feline and canine patients across the broad spectrum of breeds, weights, and skeletal conformations.
The DePuy Synthes Vet TPLO plates are designed with proprietary locking technology, which has been shown to maintain reduction more effectively than conventional screws and non-locking TPLO plates1.
Features & Benefits
Implants offered in multiple sizes
A full range of patented plate designs that suit the full breadth of patient populations. Includes:
- 3.5mm Small
- 3.5mm Broad
Anatomically pre-contoured implants with targeted locking screw trajectories
Ensures the proximal fragment is precisely apposed to the tibial diaphysis, mitigating the risk of intra-articlular screw placement.2
Proprietary Locking Technology
- Shown to maintain reduction more effectively than conventional screws and non-locking TPLO plates1
- Protects against “rock-back”3
Biologically favorable TPLO Saw Blades
- Up to 64% less heat generation, with 45% less time above necrotic temperature limit4
- Up to 63% higher cutting rate4
Patented TPLO Jig and Saw Guide System
- Significantly improved accuracy and precision of the osteotomy5,6
- Reduced likelihood of iatrogenic damage to the medial cortex when initiating the osteotomy6
1. Leitner M, Pearce SG, Windolf M, et al: Comparison of locking and conventional screws for maintenance of tibial plateau leveling osteotomy plate fixation. Vet Surg 2008;37:357-365
2. Kowaleski MP, Boudrieau RJ, et al: Radiographic Outcome and Complications of Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy Stabilized with an Anatomically Contoured Locking Bone Plate. Vet Surg 2013;42:847-852
3. Kloc PA, Kowaleski MP, Litsky AS, et al: Biomechanical comparison of two alternative tibial plateau leveling osteotomy plates with the original standard in an axially loaded gap model: an in vitro study. Vet Surg 2009;38:40–48
4. Farrell M, Mathieson A, Chung P, et al: In vitro performance testing of two arcuate oscillating saw blades designed for use during tibial plateau leveling osteotomy. Vet Surg 2011;40:694–707
5. Christopher J. Tan, Mary Sarah Bergh, et al: Accuracy of Tibial Osteotomy Placement Using 2 Different Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy Jigs. Vet Surg 2014:43:525-533
6. Neil J. Burton, Jowl Fitzpatrick, et al: Evaluation of Cut Accuracy and Cis Cortical Damage for Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy Performed with and without Aid of a Novel Saw Guide: An In Vitro Study. Vet Surg 2011;42:28-37
For stabilizing osteotomies of the canine proximal tibia.
© DePuy Synthes 2014-2019. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.